Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The art of kissing

When you think about it, isn't kissing a weird thing?   Putting your lips onto someone else's is a strange human interaction if you ask me.  But a passionate kiss between two love birds, is pretty awesome.  I highly recommend it, especially for all you married folks out there.  I'll share why I think a passionate kiss a day is good for your marriage later, but first - let me explain why I am a kissing expert.

My senior year of college the campus radio station was hosting a kissing contest during the all campus party.  I just happened to be walking past the radio station where a bunch of my friends yelled out,  "Nate Dog, you gotta be a part of this kissing contest!"  Being the shy reluctant type, I declined.  But after heavy peer pressure and after I saw the girl I would be kissing, I said yes.   What can I say, she was cute, there were only a couple of weeks left until graduation, why not live it up?!  Plus if I won the contest I would get some cash.

There were three other dudes that I was competing against.  They had no chance against me.   One by one the cute blindfolded girl would kiss a guy, and after each kiss she would rate them.  The first guy cheated and used too much tongue, so he only got a 3.  The next two guys tried their best, but only could muster sevens.

Last but not least, was my turn.  Here is how it all went down!  I approached her and put one hand behind her neck, and another on her side.  I kissed her gently and slowly for about five seconds.  After the kiss, she was dazed, awestruck, and at a loss for words.  My score - a perfect ten!  YES!

Just then the radio DJ's made one more call for any last second kissing contestants, as they made the announcement a man who was walking by stopped and said, "Oh, I'm in girlfriend!"

This guy was probably the most flaming gay man on campus.  He walked right up to the girl, dipped her and kissed her Hollywood style - immediately the crowd went crazy with their hootin' and hollerin'.  The cute girl announced, "We have a winner!"

The gay man grabbed his cash and said, "See what your missing out on boys!" 

Yeah.

I was robbed I tell you!

The weird act of kissing, elicits all types of emotions.  The awkward junior high kiss, the first kiss as a married couple, and the first time kissing your newborn baby.  Kissing, is pretty cool.  Which is why I think kissing your loved one should be done frequently.  If you're married, one big fat wet kiss a day is a must!  Hopefully it's with your spouse.

Kissing is one of the most intimate and important acts that loved ones should do.  It rekindles passion, and makes life a lot more fun. 

Don't take my word on it.  I lost a kissing contest to a gay man.  But, hey I'm still married and the sparks still fly with my wife of eight years.  That's worth bragging about. 

1 comment: