Friday, September 17, 2010

The problem with blogs

Is it me, or is there some sort of negative vibe that comes with writing a blog?  I kinda sense it.  Is this why more people don't write a blog?  That's too bad, because I tell you what, we all have survival stories and uplifting news that many people would benefit from and want to hear about.

Here is a few stories that some of you could provide that would generate interest:
The story about how you met your D. A. (Domestic Associate) aka your spouse.
The story of what got you through a tough loss of either a friend or family member.
The lessons learned from your terrible or great boss.
The many stories of what it's like to be a stay at home mom.
If you are in a job you love, what steps did you take to get that job?
In order to succeed in anything we all have sacrificed something - What price did you have to pay and how did you do it?

Maybe why more people don't write a blog is because we create excuses like:

"I'm not good enough"
"People will laugh at me"
"I'm too busy"
"I don't write well"
"People don't care about me"
"My mother didn't breast feed me as a child"

We come up with so many excuses that we become paralyzed.  Then we don't do the work.  Don't listen to the excuses in your brain!  I have news for you people - you have stories that should be shared, you have the ability to do great work and the simple act of deciding to write about it, will separate you from others and may even lead to new opportunities for you.  If anything else - blogging is a neat way to connect with others.

Have a blog you want to share?  List it in the comments section - I promise to read it and share with others if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment