Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Go For Weirdness

Today it is normal to:
-Have credit card debt.
-Live paycheck to paycheck.
-Be unfulfilled with your job.
-Be overweight.
-Keep up with the Jones.
-Read less than one book a year.

According to the book "The Millionaire Next Door" the average millionaire:
-Reads one book a month
-Shops at Walmart
-Never buys a new car
-Lives in a modest house
-Has a spouse with similar financial goals and is smart with money.

I read the following from Steven Pressfield's blog today: 
"Are you ambitious? If you’re reading this blog, you must be. Do you want to do something great? Do you feel a secret power inside you? Do you hate being ordinary and normal? Do you refuse to accept that?
I do. I hate that s!*^. I don’t believe anyone’s ordinary or normal anyway. An oak litters the earth with ten thousand acorns, and inside every one is the drive to grow to be as mighty as its daddy. Every lion cub, every fledging eagle carries in its DNA the will to be king of beasts and lord of the air. That’s nature’s law. Why should we humans expect to be different?" 

Well said Mr. Pressfield!  To read the full blog post click Here

Be weird, be ambitious, you have the ability.  I can accept that you may not want to be weird and ambitious.  But that you don't have the ability.  I don't buy that for a second.

I write this blog for others, and myself.  Today this post was more of a reminder for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment